In like a lion...

As per usual, my ranting about Halifax weather ceases to do anything about it.  This March it has been taunting me with warm days, then smacking me in the ass with cold.  Oh well, it gives me more time to do fun projects! Here is my latest:  I wanted a nice piece of art to put up over my newly painted mantle (I will show you that one later!) and I wanted something unique and inexpensive. So....

 I picked up a bargain bin winners painting, this one was $130 marked down to $40.  You can't even buy canvas for that cheap!   
 This is what I did to it:


and this is how it turned out:


 I added more colour and contour to the leaves and branches with Ink and oil, then melted crayon wax to give the bold effect...I hope you like it! It really adds some shine to the living room!


Thanks Fiona, I really like it too. I will have that glass of wine...I just can't say no to a cute baby!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About