Tumble out of bed and I stumble in the kitchen...

Well, here we are.  24 days into living in Halifax, a new city, and new life.  What an incredible ride it has been! When Mathew and I decided to go to London, I had to leave my career behind.  I was nervous and to be honest it took a few months to adjust to not being a productive member of society.  I got over it.  I had a taste of the sweet, sweet life of a self proclaimed 'lady of leisure' and boy did I like it!  Lunching with the girls, going to the gym, museums, fashion shows, rambling down Regent Street, Prosecco on park benches, all in the comapyn of my partner in crime Jenn-I had it made!  Now, I know this sounds like a cakewalk (interesting tidbit here) but to be honest, it tended to get a bit a bit boring.  Once you've seen 12 of the oldest churches in the world, they start to blend together.  A job posting came up for the MFRC in the UK (that's the military family resource center for those of you not in the know) and I applied on a whim, mostly to feel like I was doing something productive, as at this point in our time in England I sort of felt like a slacker.  I was not expecting to even get an interview based on the crappiness of my resume, but lo and behold, not only did I get an interview I got the job!  For 3 days a week, I became and earning member of my household again, and it was great!  Fast forward to Halifax-Mathew and I knew that living in a new city, especially one where we have no ties, and I had no business contacts, it may be a bit difficult for me to get a job.  I generously gave myself a 6 month window.  Plenty of time to get my resume in order, apply for jobs, and do some renos on the house without the added pressure of 'I need to find a job right now'.  Well, I messed that up, as I start my first day at my new job today!  I took a recommendation from a new friend (thanks Becky Harper!) and went to get my haircut at Life Salon and Spa here in Halifax.  As I was trying to book my appointment online, I noticed they were looking for a business manager...now if that was not fate, I don't know what is!  I went through a gruelling interview process, and now here I am, first day jitters and all.   I'll keep you posted!
My 'first day of work' outfit:)
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About