Born on the First of July...

Happy Canada Day!

I am a very proud Canadian. I love winter, maple syrup, and always say 'sorry'. Most of all, I love a good all-day birthday party. There is something so decadent and devilish about having a few beverages in the afternoon, and what better excuse than Canada's birthday. In fact, I think that may be the lesser known origin of the day...Confederation and Day Drinking. Last year was the first time I had ever missed out on the celebration. In my pregnant state I am embarrassed to say I didn't even make it to the fireworks. I had high hopes for this year, imagining myself and the man and the offspring flitting about Halifax, seeing free concerts, walking along the harbour in the sunshine et cetera. Sounds nice right?
Gone are the days of booze fueled patriotism.  Say hello to a new world order of face painting, food and family fun, with a few beer thrown in for good measure. Our downtown Halifax adventure was somewhat thwarted by the fact that is was raining, but we still managed to watch some kids play in a bouncy castle (the babe is not old enough yet, but it's great to watch other kids have fun...I think we freaked the other parents out) eat a giant lunch at Cantina Mexicana (amazing Chicken tacos) and tour the Citadel. Now the kids are napping and I am going to pour myself a beer.
With 5 days to go until we leave on our cross country adventure, I am milking this 'day off' for all it is worth.
Enjoy your day, you hosers.

xoxo
Melodie


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About