...And here it is!  The second section of the 'double blog day' YAY!!  I decided that since I would have normally posted on Saturday and Sunday, but, as I am sure you will remember form my previous post, I was in no mood for posting on Sat. so I am taking the liberty of posting twice today.  This morning I decided to make my Matty a special breakfast to make up for my foul mood re: all our crap.  Since it turned out incredibly well, i thought I would share it with you all, and since I usually whip something up every weekend (as I am sure you can tell from my lack of 'body shots' in our photo album)  I hereby dub  the Sunday blog post as 'The Recipe Post With Unnecessary Capitalisation and Quotation Marks'.  To take you on this epic journey, I must first show you the dining area:  


As you can see, the dining room is still pink and the walls are still intact, but the books are put away and I even have a cosy nook to play music:)  what more could a girl ask for?  Now, let's get down to it.  For this wonderful breakfast I made sweet and savoury balsamic pancakes with apple-blueberry sauce...mmmmm.

Apple-Bleuberry coulis (ooh la la)
1 apple, cut into small pieces (if you leave the skin on, there are more nutrients!)
1/2 C blueberries
1 Tsp Honey
1 Tsp Lemon juice
Throw all ingredients into a small sauce pan, and cook on med-low until it looks like a sauce...yum!

Pancakes with a Sky Punch!
3/4 C of milk (I used Almond milk as I am toying with going dairy free at the moment)
2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 C Flour (all purpose or whole wheat or gluten free....chefs choice!)
2 Tbsp sugar (I use demerara always)
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Egg
1/2 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tsp Lemon Juice

1.  Combine the milk and vinegar in a bowl, set aside for 5 mins.
2.  combine flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, salt, in a mixing bowl with a whisk.
3.  Add egg and Vanilla and lemon juice to milk mixture and whisk together.
4.  Pour flour mixture into the milk mixture and whisk until there are no lumps.

Now...make pancakes..Sweet sweet pancakes aaagggglllgg (that's my drool noise typed out...looks kinda gross eh? Also, if you put a dish in your oven at 200, you can put the pancakes in there to keep them warm, unless you have a restaurant size grill at your place to make all the pancakes at once.  The finished product:

And of course, I will take every opportunity to use Rebecca's  that is Rebecka's (Sorry Becks...you know how embarassed I get about spelling errors...now you are all corrected!xo) wedding napkins...they are fab!!  Enjoy! xx 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

About